I will say, that it is my biased opinion (but shared by many), that a listing in our app is one of the most economic and effective way to reach very targeted customers. Not only does the app help shoppers physically locate you at the show (which can be extremely overwhelming for people), but we see activity within the app between shows and in the off season as well. Since listings contain contact info and social media links, it’s really an excellent way to stay connected to customers all year long. For $20 (or less) a show you really can’t beat the value. And it’s completely free to shoppers. No wonder they love it so much!
- Make sure your site number is up to date. All dealers have the ability to log into the website with their username and password and update their site number at any time. This is a huge reason why the app is superior to other online Brimfield directories that contain stale data. Many of our dealers do stay in the same location year after year. Others move from show to show. Some move several times within the same show. If you aren’t able to log in (or heck, if you are just too busy and don’t feel like it) just shoot us an email and we are happy to do it for you!
- Make sure your photos are an accurate depiction of your booth. Your photos in the app listing should grab a user’s attention and accurately depict your booth/merchandise. As much as possible, it’s great to have photos of current merchandise. You never know who is going to see something they just have to have. And thanks to the app, they will know just where to find it! We recommend a combination of some close up shots of key items and at least one wide shot of the booth. GPS will get them within 10-15 feet, but since most fields do not clearly mark site numbers (another reason this app was so needed!), a wide shot can help them identify it easily. You can update your photos as often as you would like by logging into the website. But again, feel free to email/text/message us photos at any time (before or even during the show) and we will update them for you. Easy peasy!
- Update keywords. In addition to choosing categories of items sold, listings can contain custom keywords. These can be specific artists (i.e. Erdely), brand names (i.e. Zenith, Griswold), furniture makers (i.e. Eames, Miller), types of furniture (i.e. kitchen island, upholstered), time periods, etc… How general or specific you should get will depend on what type of items you sell, what you think your potential customers will be searching for and how much time you are willing to spend keeping them up to date. If you would like some help determining what would work best for your business feel free to contact us to discuss!
- Tag us in social media posts. We rely heavily on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to market the app and Brimfield as a whole. There’s no doubt social media is having a big impact on how customers and dealers are connecting and we want to work with you to make the most of it. If you are posting about Brimfield on social media, it’s great to mention that you can be found easily using the app. Just stating your field and site number may seem like enough but I assure you, people don’t always understand what that information means or don’t write it down before they head out. After spending two years at our information booth on the side of Route 20, I can’t stress enough how overwhelmed and confused many people are about how the fields are set up. They don’t know the names of the fields or what side of the road they are on. They don’t know the different fields have their own set of site numbers. They don’t know there isn’t a directory of dealers. Make it as easy as possible for them to find you by having them download the app before they go!
- Post within the Facebook event on our page. We have Facebook events for each show. Posting within that event is a great way to reach a new audience on Facebook. We would also love it if you would share the event on your personal and business pages. Die hard Brimfield fans would never dream of missing a show, but more casual shoppers often forget when the shows are or don’t hear about it until they have already made plans for the weekend. The more people attending the show the better for everyone and these events have the potential to grow exponentially. Each and every person that shares or follows the event means all of their friends are now seeing it too! The event is always the pinned post on our Facebook page.
Kaitlin and Ryan